Actually Karl, my Norwegian flatmate from Australia (who happens to live in Oslo as well since September), offered to host me for the time I was looking for an apartment. However it turned out that he was on holiday when I arrived on March 21st.
Though I didn't know Mari personally until that time, I just asked her if she had or new someone with the possibility to host me temporarily. Lucky as I was, Mari actually rented out a room which she offered me, either just for a short period or - in case I liked the room - also for longer :-)
And that's how Mari's apartment in Oslo became now my new home. It's a small but very nice flat in the district of Vika, quite a good area of Oslo, only 200 m away from the harbour with access to the Oslo Fjord and Aker Brygge (Oslo's famous promenade along the harbour).
The first pictures I will show you now were taken in the very beginning of my stay here. Having a look at the kitchen you might understand that it called for some renovation. So in April, right after Easter, Mari and I (dressed in very sexy painting clothes sorted out from the 80's) tried giving the kitchen another look... and changed colours from dark blue to off-white. The fridge no longer blocks the window or inhibits the light from shining into the room. And also the self-made kitchen work-bench has been replaced by a neat IKEA construction. It looks much brighter in this little kitchen now.
My/our apartment:
the kitchen before (in March):
the kitchen after repainting (in June):
Welcome to my own "four walls", my room:
(yes, I know, the picture is really not nice, but it's Mari's favourite and actually supposed to hang in the bathroom... well, at least it fits with the colours of my room)
And some pictures of the street and the courtyard (with the bicycle shed):

No comments:
Post a Comment