Sunday, 7 June 2009

A walk from Sognsvann to Ullevålseter

On Sunday 7th of June Jan took me "out of town" for a walk around the Sognsvann (a lake only few km out of Oslo city) and up to the Ullevålseter. Jan used to do this walk quite frequently when he lived in Oslo with his family. Thus he was more than excited to repeat this tour with me after so many years that passed since he came last time to this wonderful place.























Up at the Ullevålseter Jan invited me to a traditional waffle with the typical Gudbrandsdal Ost (cheese) or syltetøy (marmelade).






























At our return from the walking tour around the Sognsvann we stopped at the Opera. I think Jan hasn't been to Oslo since it had been built.









On our way back home we passed the harbour where they had something like an exposition of sea food. I can't really remember anymore what exactly it was about, but I do know that you could taste this very tasty plate you see below - made of whale beef! That was really delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment