In order not to show that until 24 hours before I knew as much about Stockholm as they did, I avoided being a permanently photographing tourist and took most pictures during my guided tour through the city and not while they were around...
..starting with the Stadshuset, Stockholm's City Hall, place of the annual Nobel Prize celebrations.
Dramaten, the dramaturgic theatre
The Grand Hotel
In Saluhallen, Stockholm's delicious food hall in the district of Östermalm with many different food stalls and cafés.
And here the programme:
Friday, 26th of November:
Arrival of the group at Stockholm Arlanda Aiport. Pick up together with a local city guide for a 2 hours panoramic tour by bus around the city including biscuits and coffee on a beautiful lookout over the city by night.
After check-in at the First Hotel Amaranten at around 19:30 apéritif in a private corner before going over to a 4 courses dinner.
Saturday, 27th of November:
After breakfast pick up again by a local guide for a 3 hours guided city sightseeing tour including the entrance into the Royal Palace, the "Kungliga Slott"...
...and and a stroll through the narrow streets of the Old Town "Gamla Stan".
A great 3 courses lunch follows at the Dramaten-Restaurant.
The afternoon was at one's own disposal, thus with free time in which I showed them the prestegious shopping malls or the Christmas markets (which - as compared to the German ones - are just rediculous).
After meeting again in the hotel lobby at 8 p.m. we drove to the Absolut Ice Bar where we made the unique experience of drinking a cocktail out of glasses made of pure ice. Freezing cold in there... and indeed, access is only granted after putting on some special coats and gloves.
Highlight of the evening though was a 5 courses gala dinner at the City Hall.
Sunday, 29th of November:
Still a bit drunk from the evening before not every one made use of the free time offered the next morning. Of course, I had to get up: I took about a dozen of people back to the city centre and brought them whereever they wanted to go, mainly to the main shopping district.
After a mediterranean lunch buffet the tour was nearly over. Last point on the programme was the drive back to the aiport where I assisted them with the check-in before taking also my flight back to Oslo.
This has been a really basic and technical description of that trip, remaining very superficial. But if I'd written the whole story of all that happened I would still be writing in 3 days. I only say "Italians... Oooooooooh my God!"
And some of you already heard the detailed version of this chaotic weekend with even more chaotic Italians. So they know and understand perfectly well what I mean when I say and write "Italians... Oooooooooh my God!"

No comments:
Post a Comment