Friday, 8 October 2010

Tullin's-Printen-evening

This evening had a really interesting development:
It was Friday 02/10 and I was super super tired. Already the evening before, on Thursday night, I was really tired and told myself that tomorrow, on Friday night, I really won't do anything. So I was actually determined to just go home, relax and sleep early.
On Friday, while being at work I was contacted by my friend Jana which I haven't seen for a while asking me to do something together tonight. I told her how tired I was so we agreed on "just a quick coffee after work".
Well, "after work" turned out to be not 17:00 (office hours), but approx. 7 p.m., so basically Scandinavian dinner time. Since Jana and I were both hungry we turned this after-work-coffee into a dinner which we decided to have at "Tullin's Café", a cosy and affordable student's bistro close to the Royal Palace in the city centre.
I have always talked to Moritz about this place, telling him that we have to go there at least once while he's here in Oslo. It's such a typical place to go if you don't wanna spend too much but get some nice food in a pleasant atmosphere. So I proposed to Moritz to come along with Jana and me for dinner.
Before dinner though, I just wanted to quickly go back home. So we decided to meet directly in front of Tullin's Café at 19:30. On my way home, right when cycling over Rådhusplassen, I ran into Audrey going for a walk at Aker Brygge. Totally spontaneous I asked her to join us. Thus, she came with me to my place from where we proceeded then to the Tullin's Café where Jana and Moritz were already waiting for us.
We had some food and of course also some drinks and once again had a really good time together. We were just there for a couple of hours, enjoying the time together with chatting, laughing, drinking more wine/beer, talking, discussing...



 



For dessert Moritz had brought veeeeery good Christmas goodies to the restaurant that his brother brought from Germany the weekend before. Moritz had a bag full of Printen and Lebkuchen of all kinds. *Yammy*


 Of course we couldn't consume those brought along delicacies at the restaurant, so we decided to relocate and go over to Jana's place close by. At the 7-11 store around the corner we purchased some Tonic water to mix with Gin that Jana still had at her place. And of course, we continued having a great time together at Jana's... with Printen and Gin Tonic...

Hmmm, the smell of German Christmas stuff...




Slightly tipsy we ended the evening at around 2.30 a.m. and all walked home.


So, from my plans of being alone doing nothing that evening I went over to just an after-work-coffee with Jana, which changed into a dinner with Jana and Moritz and suprisingly also Audrey, ending up in being in four at Jana's place with Gin Tonic until far far far after midnight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment