Saturday, 13 November 2010

20. Benefiz Show

I'm home!

The next days after my arrival by car from Oslo passed so quickly. On Saturday, my friend Sarah already came over. We hadn't seen each other since she came with us to the Stavanger trip and she wanted to come and see the dance show with me.
The jazz-dance group I had been dancing with in Germany until moving to Norway has - next to smaller events - one big annual weekend in November when the participants dance for a beneficial purpose. It's always a whole weekend, two big shows. This year it was the 20th anniversary of this show.












It was very nice that Sarah joined me watching this great and successful show. She also stayed overnight, but left again on Sunday.
On Sunday evening I went to see the show a second time. You always meet so many people at this event. Friends, former classmates, ex-teachers, former "dance-mates"... and one can simply not sit still when watching it. It always tickles in my feet and it feels like you wanna dance as well :-)
Anyways, after the Sunday show there was a huge huge after-show-party, especially huge this year because the founder and former trainer of the dance group (the Tiptoes) had her 75th birthday. Today, her daughter successfully continues her work.
Well, and the after-show-aprty was really nice, characterised by live music from the "Hot Jazz Boys" and a lot of dancing and fun.


The coming days I just enjoyed being at home. I went to my sports: volleyball and jazz dance and met with friends or simply enjoyed the time with my family.
On Friday evening we met with my father to celebrate into his birthday. That was a nice evening with a lot of fun, laughter and good conversations. My brother, his girlfriend and Andrea's nephew was with us with his little family and it was really great. We hadn't seen him for ages. After having been out for dinner we stayed over at Andrea's place.
The next morning I went to visit also my grandmother, because on Sunday 21/11. I already had to leave again. Back to Oslo, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment