Saturday, 18 June 2011

Hamlet at Akershus Festning

Shakespeare's Globe is an institution dedicated to the exploration of Shakespeare's work and the playhouse he wrote for. Their aim is to spread the experience and international understanding of Shakespeare's works. A small troupe of travelling players actually goes on tour with two of Shakespeare's most well-known plays, performing on an Elizabethan-inspired stage at a variety of venues around the UK and Europe. In this connection they also came to Oslo performing "Hamlet" at Akershus Festning, right next to Aker Brygge and the harbour.



Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take pictures during the performance, so I here some of their own ones:
 © The Shakespeare Globe Trust, London 2011

© The Shakespeare Globe Trust, London 2011

© The Shakespeare Globe Trust, London 2011 

© The Shakespeare Globe Trust, London 2011 
 
© The Shakespeare Globe Trust, London 2011

The play was really excellent! Such nice British English :-) However, Shakespeare is not the easiest language, but I'd say I got 85% of it :-)
The production was well made, the actors did a really good job, the stage was simple but still so various and flexibly used.
On top of that even the weather decided to be good!

After the performance Audrey, Jana and I went to the nearby "Celsius" café for dinner. The play lasted a couple of hours so by it's end we were all three pretty hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment