Carla took us to a place called "Dolce Vita" that I have always been passing when taking the tram to work in winters. I always thought I should go there once, but somehow always forgot. It is actually an italian ice cream parlour from which I had already heard before that it is supposed to have good ice cream. But as mentioned, for some reason I always forgot to try it out one day.
Well, Carla being Italian knew that place and also the people working there. And since it is actually located close to our office, we agreed on meeting there for a coffee after work. It was really nice to meet up again and chat about the latest news etc. while having some cappuccino. Actually some good cappuccino! Finally I know a place - out of Italy - where you can drink good coffee products... well, so far I have only tried the cappuccino, but it seems promising :-) Usually I'm not a big fan of coffee products as out of Italy they never taste well. Always so watery and tasteless. But maybe this "Dolce Vita" is the place to go!
Anyways, since Carla knew the guy being on shift that afternoon, she presented him to us. Alessio. We have all been chatting a bit together and only shortly after Jana and I were invited by Carla and Alessio to a dinner at a common friend's place on Saturday. This is Italian... and unfortunately so far away from the Norwegian way: you just get invited to someone's place though you hardly know that person. I mean, it was just Carla who knows Jana and me, but even for that guy working in the bar we were strangers and only after 1 hour the two invited us to the place of a person (Giovanna) that until that moment didn't even know us. I like this way of life. Easy, uncomplicated and open-minded! Not like other (rather Northern) cultures.
Well, Jana actually had her parents over on that weekend, so she couldn't join. But I agreed with Carla to meet up in front of Giovanna's place. Unfortunately I was a bit late. As usual, I was cycling, but I totally underestimated the distance to the place in the East of Oslo and was totally unaware of the street there leading all the way up the hill. So I actually joined the dinner party a bit delayed.
Except for Carla and her boyfriend Inema it was all new faces to me. It was a group of mainly Italians with one Norwegian guy, who turned out to be a colleage of Giovanna, and Inema as Carla's boyfriend.
It was a nice evening and I certainly enjoyed the pasta :-)
(Inema and Carla)
(Giovanna)
(the Norwegian guy whose name I unfortunately forgot, Alessio, me, Alice and her boyfriend Davide)
During the evening I found out that Giovanna is actually into dancing salsa here in Oslo. Since I'm still looking for people I could join for some latin dancing, I'd be happy if I might be able to go with her sometimes. Would be nice :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment