Audrey was gone for the Christmas and New Year's festivities, Jana was gone on holidays and I was away as well. Now we are at the beginning of the new year and we're all back in Oslo. We had organised to meet now on Saturday. It had been Jana's birthday right before Christmas and also Audrey had announced to bring some raclette cheese and typical Breton cakes from France.
So the initial plan was to have a raclette evening, but totally overloaded already with 23 kg, Audrey had to leave the cheese behind. Only the cakes eventually made it till Oslo.
So yesterday we met at Audrey's place. I actually went already at 6 p.m., because I had a part of Jana's birthday and Christmas present on which Audrey and I still had to work. Then at 7.30 p.m. also Jana joined and in alternative to the initially planned raclette, we started preparing some pizza: one half with ham, rucola and parmesan and one half with a veggy mix and tuna.
We managed to eat nearly the whole tray all by ourselves, in three. We could have finished also the whole pizza, but that wouldn't have left any space for the very heavy Breton cake ("gateau bréton") which consists of butter, butter and even more butter... but nevertheless veeeeeeery delicious, especially when slightly warmed up :-)
Jana caught the "fève", the little porcelaine figure entitling you to wear the paper crown - which I only know from being hidden in the "galettes des rois" (King Cakes) around Epiphany.
The evening didn't last too long as we were all not feeling too well, especially me being close to a damn stupid cold.

No comments:
Post a Comment