All pictures: © Erik Berg - Den Norske Opera & Ballett 2012
So over the last year Audrey and I went together to see a mix of operas and ballets, as modern or very classical productions.
- Tryllefløten - The Magic Flute by Mozart (opera)
- Svanesjøen - Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky (ballet)
- Nøtteknekkeren - Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky (ballet)
- Macbeth by Verdi (opera)
- La Bohème by Puccini (opera)
- Askepott - Cinderella by Prokofjew (ballet)
- Aida by Verdi (opera)
And except for the first performance, the Magic Flute, which was simply too modern and crazy for my taste, I liked them all pretty much. Especially the ballets with their beautiful costumes impressed me. I dare say that Nutcracker and Cinderella, two ballets, were really my favourites :-)
Let's see what I'll see next at the opera. Sometimes they have some great last minute offers...









No comments:
Post a Comment