Saturday, 6 October 2012

Autumn at Sognsvann

The wonderful sunshine combined with blue sky and the pleasant autumn temperatures enticed many people to spend this first weekend of October outside, especiall as it would probably be one of the last beautiful weekends before the cold winter makes its arrival.
I'm usually not the person going for a walk by myself, but the weather was just too tempting for staying in instead of taking some nice colourful autumn pictues. Like so many others it drew me towards the Sognsvann lake which lies just a 10 minutes train ride away from Oslo city centre. A lot of families, couples, groups of friends, joggers, dogs...a whole bunch of people benefitted from the weather for a walk (or run) around the lake. The colours of the leaves created a nice atmosphere, though it was still too early to find some more red colours.
Anyways, it was a nice, warming walk!













 


 

 



 

 
 

 
 



 
 


 







 


 



By the time I made my way around the lake it was already late afternoon (ok, I admit, I didn't leave the house very early on that Saturday) and it became pretty cold in the shadow. So I didn't stay any longer at Sognsvann, but just took the next train back to the city.
I'm happy about my little Saturday excursion, especially given the fact that it was raining all day the Sunday after :-)

I assume the next time I'll visit Sognsvann will be when the lake shows itself again with its annual white cover of snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment