I had been living now for 3,5 years together with my lovely flatmate Mari, but now that Marco was coming up we would need a place by our own to live. So in autumn I had started looking for flats. We needed something from beginning of November, latest from the beginning of December. Furthermore I would love to stay somewhere in/very close to the city centre. Of course I would have loved staying in the area of Vika where I lived before as it was just PERFECT! But there was nothing to be found at that period. Instead I eventually found a flat in Grünerløkka, a fancy, alternative and popular area in the Northern centre of Oslo.
It's a pretty small flat (41m² only) that I found and prices are at the moment unfortunately pretty high, but well, we'd be in two to share the rent. And on top: the flat is partially furnished - a pretty considerable argument given the fact that I have no furniture here at all. Everything I had at Mari's flat belonged to her, with the exception of 2 pax closets and a simple desk. So not having to buy a bed, sofa, closet etc. would save us some money in the beginning of our adventure.
Initially we were supposed to move into our new flat on the 1st of December, but that date was postponed. The people living in our flat before (which are also the owners) had problems to finish the rennovation works at their new flat. So Marco and I would only come to move in by mid December.
Through the help of Jana we had ordered a cheap van for the moving on December 15th. Jana, her boyfriend Helder, and Vanesa (another friend) were helping us that day. Helder was the one driving the van as he loooooooooooves to drive in snow - and right the night before the moving it had actually snown quite a lot. So the streets were totally unprepared in the morning when moving out.
Helder and Jana searching for the pick-up place of the van.
Eventually they found it and everything's packed. So the moving can start.And there I go - leaving my room in Mari's flat behind. Empty...
Thanks Jana, Helder and Vanesa for your help with moving! I know it turned out to be a lot of stuff which I had and which needed to be brought into the new flat! So thanks for your helping hands and also for organising the van.
I'm sad about leaving - despite the time in a common flat with Marco which is lying ahead. I had a very good time living in that flat with Mari.
Thanks Mari for having me had in your flat for all those years, for the great time, the pyjama breakfasts, the chats and everything that made this time so great!
So now a new time starts, in a new flat. Pictures will of course follow - but only once we are a bit more settled in there.

No comments:
Post a Comment