Monday, 19 May 2014

Fjordtour on Christian Radich

Christian Radich - a Norwegian sailboat from 1937, 63 metres long, with 3 masts and a total of 27 sails now used as a sailing school vessel. A ship which is at least among Norwegians pretty known. It is quite impressing when it's lying in the Oslo harbour from time to time. Would love to go on a sailing trip on such a boat!

But for now I consider myself lucky to have spent "just" a tour through the Oslofjord with it :-)
In May they had invited us through our company for an evening cruise starting in Oslo harbour.
I was registered with my colleague Caroline to go there, but eventually she couldn't make it anymore that evening so another colleague, Johanne, joined.

So sad that the moment we departed the rain started which further developed during the tour to a proper thunderstorm.








Rekebuffé - shrimp buffet... absolutely not my favourite. Unfortunately, because this was the only food they offered that evening on board. So I remained eating four slices of untoasted white bread with mayonnaise. Yummy!



Four hours later we were back in Oslo. Such a pity we couldn't properly enjoy the tour from the weather (and food) point of view.
But I was certainly happy to have been on this great ship :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment