Monday, 17 August 2009

FR09-PV-BAL 11A - Day 6

Gol --> Jevnaker --> Oslo/Lillehammer (ca. 190 km)







Leaving Gol after a "filling" breakfast...



... we travel through the valley of Hallingdal...





... with a stop at the Krøderen lake:





In Jevnaker, 75 km away from Oslo, the Hadeland Glassverk (glassworks) welcomes us for lunch.



Hadeland Glassverk, a leader in glass design, is Norway's oldest industrial company and a very popular tourist attraction because of its spectacular glassmaking. Those who were interested were granted a short and spontaneous guided tour (I had to translate from English to French) through the factory itself, others admired and/or acquired glassworks in the close-by outlet shops.



The afternoon gave again a short time in Oslo...



... before driving back to our last overnight place in Lillestrøm, the Thon Hotel Arena.



Conclusion:
Despite the very rainy weather it was a very impressive trip. I really do have a better understanding now of some of the suppliers we use, where and in which surroundings they are located, how their place looks like and what the service they offer is like. It's no longer just an imagination or a service line in Tourplan. In some places I also managed to meet the contact persons I communicate with most of the times.

My favourite hotel is definitely the Storefjell Resort Hotel in Gol, especially from the point of view of the meals. Another place I liked a lot was the rustic style Hafjell Hotel in Öyer (12/08/09).

What an amazing country!!! I have seen most of it under rain now and it is already beautiful. Those places must be stunning with sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment