What I put online now is pictures of another wonderful trip through Southern Norway. And this time with a special person: I had the pleasure to show Marco a little part of this beautiful country. Marco came up here for a few days over the 1st of May. I took this opportunity to organise something special to do with him: not only for doing something different from hanging around in Oslo, but also for celebrating our 7th anniversary in May :-)
Working in the travel business I pulled some strings and thus managed to set up a nice itinerary at realtively - we are still in expensive Norway! - low costs :-)
And this is the outcome:
Oslo - Stavanger - Bergen - Voss/Gudvangen/Flåm/Myrdal ("Norway in a nutshell" tour) - Oslo

Friday 30 April:
The tour starts after work on Friday with the Flytoget (the airport express train) from the city to Oslo Airport Gardermoen.


At 20:10 a Norwegian Airlines flight takes us to Stavanger, Norway's third largest city, commonly also referred to as the Petroleum Capital of Norway.



After arrival at Stavanger Airport Sola we took the shuttle bus downtown where we checked in for our overnight stay at the Clarion Hotel Stavanger...
...located right in the city centre...

... and with a room on the 13th floor...
... with a great view over the city.
Before going to bed we enjoyed a glass of wine at the hotel bar. Hungry as we were Marco was, I guess, a bit disappointed that it was not possible at all to get any kind of snack there when we arrived.
And now, Marco and me, we invite you to travel with us day by day on the next three posts!

No comments:
Post a Comment