Sunday, 2 May 2010

Marco and I on tour in Norway - Day 2

Sunday 2 May: Stavanger - Bergen

Hello again!

Time to leave Stavanger. The Flaggruten express boat takes us 4 hours along Norway's west coast from Stavanger to Bergen.





When leaving the harbour in Stavanger we pass the Norsk Oljemuseum (oil museum).













Between Stavanger and Bergen we pass Haugesund, a commercial city of approx. 32,000 inhabitants located at Norway's south-west coast.



















Also located along the coast: the Ryvarden fyr (Ryvarden lighthouse) in the municipality of Sveio.















We approach Bergen area.









Arrival with our boat in Bergen at about 4 p.m.



We walk over to our nearby hotel Rica Hotel Bergen for check in.









The rest of the day I show Marco around in the city centre.







Not to be missed of coursed a stroll through Bryggen... I know you have already seen many pictures in previous posts, but it's nice every time again.















Very classical also the tour with this Fløibanen up to the Fløyen. So of course I take Marco up there...





...to show him this wonderful view over the town.

































After dinner in a restaurant we go to bed early. Tomorrow we have to get up early. Will you join us on the famous "Norway in a nutshell" tour? Then we meet again, at 08:11 in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment