Friday, 10 September 2010

Engelbert's birthday in the vineyards

I know I always said this blog is only about things happening in Norway and that I only post pictures from my experiences here in the North. However, I might right now reconsider this... Not sure yet, if this post will be an exception to this or if I will change my mind for all future posts out of Norway. We'll see...


This year Engelbert turned 60! Of course he invited me as well, but I pretended to be unable to come. I planned to surprise him.
Since I knew about his birthday party plans for quite a while in advace I organised my days off from work and the flights home relatively early. Engelbert's birthday was actually on the 8th of September already; I had my flight from Oslo to home on Friday 10th and back to Oslo the wednesday after. So in total I had about 5 days at home.

Until the last minute Engelbert really didn't know at all about my coming. So he was really suprised seeing me in the door with my mum that picked me up at Dusseldorf Airport.
Anyway, his birthday celebration in the circle of family and friends was planned for Saturday. We live really close to some vineyards, so the idea was a hiking tour through that beautiful area.
At about 11 a.m. we met up with family and friends at the "Kalenborner Höhe" where we had some prosecco for a start.

Engelbert, my mum's husband

my father and a friend

f.l.t.r:
me, my stepsister Lisa, my stepsister Anthusa, Anthusa's boyfriend Jobst, Lisa's boyfriend Stefan, Richard

my parents (middle) with friends



We were actually quite a big group that came together, maybe around 20 people. At 12:30 we started the first part of the walk which led us through the fields and some forest and then further on through the vineyards.









my stepsister Anthusa with her boyfriend Jobst

friends

my stepsister Lisa with her boyfriend Stefan

me and my dad

Anthusa


It was a nice and sunny, i.e. also very warm, day. At lunch time we stopped at a wine-growers place, at "Weinhaus Michaelishof" we enjoyed some refreshments.



  
Engelbert





 English-men... :-)







By about 2:30 p.m. we continued through the vine area and made our way down to the village of Dernau. we arranged some tables at the "Hofgarten Dernau", a very nice, cosy, welcoming and charming place, in a kind of cottage style of that area.

my dad, Stefan and Jobst



We had really good dinner there and it became a veeeeery long evening.




Also my brother (left) and his girlfriend Anna finally joined us. They had to study/work and couldn't walk with us. He seemed to have enjoyed the party as well :-)

For the last 2 hours until after midnight, we were the last guests and by somewhat around 00:30 a.m. they realised that we would still be there celebrating until 3 a.m. if they didn't kick us out now. Unfortunately most of the pictures taken were totally blurred (without flash) so absolutely not adequate to be posted.


 

The next day the party actually continued. Engelbert's sister and nieces came for coffee and cake... a looooot of cake... good cake! :-)

 



I'd say Engelbert had a nice birthday party :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment