After yesterday's party at Stéphanie's place I didn't wake up with a too good feeling... The "headache" let me stay in bed until around 1 p.m., but then I got up; I still had plans for today. I wanted to do something good to my car: move it!
The last winter I had to put my car out of the snow (since I came it still had summer tires on) and left it in the garage of a friend of Mari's. During five months I hadn't even moved it once. I took it out again in spring this year by getting help from NAV (norwegian automobile association) with starting it after the battery went totally flat during that winter. Ever since that my car's battery doesn't like it too much being unused. So my car always appreciates it being moved once in a while.
I wanted to do my car this favour, also because the low temperatures made its arrival in town. I know I had driven it and thus recharged the battery by the tours to and from Sandefjord Airport with Moritz and Audrey (see older posts), but still... it simply had to be moved again! I could feel the battery suffer from the cold.
But where to drive if there is nothing you really have to go to? - IKEA! And if it is just for dinner, just for some "köttbullar" :-)
Jana and Moritz had the same opinion. They joined me: Moritz inspired by the prospect of a dinner, Jana attracted by all the nice and beautiful things (she's a girl...) exposed in the store. Well, and I simply used the occasion to bring Mari some vanilla candles (she goes crazy for them!) and some new rubbish bins.
I picked up Moritz and Jana at around 5 p.m., drove straight to IKEA and the first thing Moritz mentioned when entering the store was "Food!". So we decided to first have dinner at the restaurant. That was good in somehow, because by the time we finished our stroll through the store, the restaurant was already closed. We actually spent quite a while just sitting there and chatting while and after having the dinner.
In any way, I have never experienced a tour at IKEA in a way I did with Jana and Moritz. I really had fun with them!
After paying our few acquisitions, we drove back to town. We didn't feel like splitting up after such a nice afternoon/evening. I dropped of Jana and Moritz at Jana's place and went for about 30 minutes alone around with my car trying to find a public parking spot for it - which is a total rarity!
After that I went back to Jana's place and we decided to watch a German movie ("Ein Mann ein Fjord") with Hape Kerkeling, a well-known German comedian.
This is normally not my kind of movies that I like, but it was about a road trip from Germany to and through Norway! It was so funny to see, not only because it was a comedy, but also for the fact that it was shot in Norway, partially in Oslo. There were so many places filmed which I have already visited. So this was really cool!
Great day and evening.


No comments:
Post a Comment