My flatmate is gone again. So I've got the run of the place again tonight. Nothing against my flatmate, but our flat is really small. So nothing for "big" parties or for occupying the whole kitchen for hours with a dinner party with friends.
As mentioned, right now, Mari was gone. Until Friday she'll still be in America where she went to visit her son in New York over Thanksgiving. So I decided to take this opportunity and invite some friends over for a dinner: Jana, Audrey, Moritz, Germain and Tim. Tim unfortunately couldn't come, so we were at least in five.
Yesterday Moritz asked what I would cook, but I hadn't made up my mind yet. So he proposed to have "Spätzle" (a German type of egg noodle of soft texture) with pork filets in a creamy sauce. He had this idea because he still had a whole package of Spätzle left which his mom sent him once and since his time here in Norway is over soon he's trying to get rid of everything. As this dish was Moritz' proposition and receipe - and yes, I wasn't too sure about creating this kind of sauce - I accepted this menu under the condition that he would cook it.
So, after work we went to the supermarket together, got all the missing ingredients and went to my place. We immediately started cooking and preparing the main dish. The others would bring the wine and starter soon.
At 19:30 Jana, Audrey and Germain arrived. After distributing a first glass of wine to everybody, we began to prepare the starter: insalata caprese (tomato-mozzarella-basil salad).
By the time we finished that one, also the main dish was ready and served. It was really delicious. It tasted really well. Everyone seemed to like it.
Of course this dinner wasn't only accompanied by good wine, but also - as usual - by good conversations, a lot of fun and laughter.
In between I took out the dessert which I had brought from Germany last week: Schoko-Printen, Gewürz-Printen, Lebkuchen, Baumkuchen, Pfeffernüsse... simply all the best of German Christmas goodies. That Jana, I and Moritz (who come from Aachen, the hometown of all this delicious stuff) would like it was sure, but also the French among us, Audrey and Germain, seemed to eat more and more of it the longer the evening became... :-)
After tons of German chocolates, quite some wine and even more great chats we decided to end this evening at somewhat around 3 a.m. But well-educated as my friends are, they first helped me with cleaning the dishes. Please note that this seems to regard only the female friends... ok, well, Germain is excused, he left earlier, well and Moritz was already "busy" taking the pictures...
Thanks for yet another great evening together, guys!
Yesterday Moritz asked what I would cook, but I hadn't made up my mind yet. So he proposed to have "Spätzle" (a German type of egg noodle of soft texture) with pork filets in a creamy sauce. He had this idea because he still had a whole package of Spätzle left which his mom sent him once and since his time here in Norway is over soon he's trying to get rid of everything. As this dish was Moritz' proposition and receipe - and yes, I wasn't too sure about creating this kind of sauce - I accepted this menu under the condition that he would cook it.
So, after work we went to the supermarket together, got all the missing ingredients and went to my place. We immediately started cooking and preparing the main dish. The others would bring the wine and starter soon.
At 19:30 Jana, Audrey and Germain arrived. After distributing a first glass of wine to everybody, we began to prepare the starter: insalata caprese (tomato-mozzarella-basil salad).
By the time we finished that one, also the main dish was ready and served. It was really delicious. It tasted really well. Everyone seemed to like it.
Of course this dinner wasn't only accompanied by good wine, but also - as usual - by good conversations, a lot of fun and laughter.
In between I took out the dessert which I had brought from Germany last week: Schoko-Printen, Gewürz-Printen, Lebkuchen, Baumkuchen, Pfeffernüsse... simply all the best of German Christmas goodies. That Jana, I and Moritz (who come from Aachen, the hometown of all this delicious stuff) would like it was sure, but also the French among us, Audrey and Germain, seemed to eat more and more of it the longer the evening became... :-)
After tons of German chocolates, quite some wine and even more great chats we decided to end this evening at somewhat around 3 a.m. But well-educated as my friends are, they first helped me with cleaning the dishes. Please note that this seems to regard only the female friends... ok, well, Germain is excused, he left earlier, well and Moritz was already "busy" taking the pictures...
Thanks for yet another great evening together, guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment