Monday, 8 November 2010

Goodbye Charlotte

Really spontaneously we went out with a group of colleagues for an after-work drink. It was our colleague Charlotte's last day.
Charlotte, working together with Michelle in the FIT (individual travellers) department for Haman Scandinavia, found a new job. It's not that she actively intended to leave us. She's a totally outgoing, open person and totally funny. Her professional background isn't tourism so she felt a little attrackted by a job ad for promotion manager at EMI Music in Oslo. She actually just applied kind of for fun, never imagining that she would really get it. But in the end she did get the job... and so she announced it to our all surprise in the office one day.


Anyway, we were saying good-bye to a precious colleauge this evening and went to "Sosialen", a bar close to our office in the city centre. That was really nice to spend some time with other colleagues. In the office you rarely have the chance to talk to some of them the way you do when meeting them out of office.


Egil (also a colleague) and Charlotte

After a couple of drinks together I decided to leave. Moritz and two colleagues left as well. When I went out of that bar I got a bit surprised: I had locked my bike to a bike stand which, however, by early evening ended up behind a kind of fence. That bike stand was placed in front of a shop that let down this metal gate/fence and thus locked also my bike in there. Well, that way my bike was double-locked and I could be certain noone would steal it, but still... I do everything in town by bike, wherever I move.
There are still those public Oslo City Bikes out in town which I considered using instead for getting home. Moritz gave me his card for renting them and we walked together to the next bike stand. Since that was close by his place and we were both hungry (noone in that bar had something to eat) we decided to cook again something together and jumped into a nearby supermarket to get tomatos and feta cheese which we put with a lot of onions in the oven.
I really like that dish as I know it from home. We use to eat that as well at home.


Well, since he cooked I think it was fair enough that I did the dishes?!

Anyway, I was tired and already after "Sosialen" I was meant to go home. So I finally took that City Bike and made my way back home.
Before going to bed I talked to amore mio and then I was ready for the start in a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment