Friday, 17 December 2010

Julebord 2010: Office Christmas party at HamanGroup

Christmas is just around the corner, it's the 17th of December, and we had planned our office Christmas party for this day.

Three prerequisites had to be met:

  1. Everyone had to contribute with something to eat in order to guarantee a varied Christmas buffet. Best of course if it was something typical from the person's hometown. Alcohol was sponsored by the company...
  2. The dress-code: something red, Christmas-reddish! At least a small item, accessoire, whatever.
  3. Draw the name of one of your colleauges from a hat, buy that person a little Christmas gift and write a nice, descriptive sentence about this person. Based on this sentence, the other people will have to guess then for whom this present is.
So, let's see how we went with our Christmas party:

We started our celebrations already at 1 p.m. Some colleagues were already leaving on Christmas holidays tonight, so they had to leave earlier. The table in our conference room was nicely decorated for Christmas, following the theme of "red" and the presents contributed to the Christmas feeling.

(Franck, Sara, Moritz)
  
Point 1: accomplished!

Everyone prepared something to eat. The dishes ranged from potato salad to mashed potatos with carrots, pizza, stew and Swedish Christmas ham and meatballs to typical swedish lussekatter (a yeast dought bun with saffran, cinnamon and raisins), pinnekjøtt (a festive dish of lamb or mutton typical to Western and Northern Norway) and ribbe (traditional pork rib served during Christmas time). I had brought a lot of German Christmas sweets like Lebkuchen, Printen, Pfeffernüsse etc. which I took when coming back from Germany last time. What I didn't know was that also Moritz had still a looooot of this stuff which his brother brought along once. So we ended up with having tons of German Christmas chocolates for dessert.


Point 2: fulfilled!

As the following pictures will show, (nearly!) all colleauges wore something red in somehow.
Finally, even I managed to extend the content of my wardrobe by something red. As I mentioned in my previous post (December 11), I had some trouble with this red-theme of the party's dress code.

(Odd-Arve, from our outgoing department)

(Egil from the outgoing department, Orijana from accounting and Moritz)

(Floriane Stéphanie's and my trainee from France and Moritz)

(Odd-Arve and Sara from Scandinavian Image, our incentive department)
 
(Egil & Franck)

(the team of Authentic Scandinavia: Lisa who joined the company in October, Moritz and Trude, head of the department)

("my" team, Terra Nova Incoming: my boss Franck, Stéphanie, me and our trainee Floriane)



Ok, now we come to...
Point 3: totally misunderstood!

Actually I don't know what was so difficult about that point to understand: buy something nice for the person whose name you pulled out of the hat and write a characterising sentence about this person, but not his/her name, because the others have to guess on that sentence who the present is for.
However, appartenly this sentence was more simple in theory than in practice. So here some interpretations/outcomes:
  • no sentence at all coming along with that present
  • a sentence written about the person who bought the present and the receiving person had to guess who the present was from
  • a present where giver and receiver remain unknown: the sentence described the receiver (well, that part was well understood), but the person thought the present had to represent also the giving person that has to be guessed as well then.
The last interpretation led to the peak of laughter of the whole party! Franck had drawn the name of Moritz from the hat. He wrote a humorous nice sentence about him. However, since Franck thought the present should also represent the giving person, he gave Moritz a framed picture of his boss Trude, wanting to make everyone believe that the present was actually from Trude to Moritz.
I just say we were laughing tears!


(Moritz and Sara)

Finally some people managed to get the present instructions right. So Floriane got this woolly hat from Lisa to remind her of her time here in Norway. I think it suits her really well.

 


Lisa got from Maria a message on how to get along with the daily business: 


And I got from my colleague Stéphanie a pair of fluffy slippers.

Last but not least we all got a 500 NOK cinema voucher from our boss Anette.
Shortly after the game also our former colleague Charlotte joined us and the party continued...

(Egil, Charlotte, Floriane)

(Egil & Franck)

 
(Moritz & Franck)

(Egil & Charlotte)

(Lisa, me, Moritz)

(Franck, Egil and Didrik from accounting)
 

(Lisa, me, Moritz and Floriane)

(Moritz and Floriane)


(Charlotte and Moritz)

(Floriane, Franck and Charlotte)

(Moritz with his boss Trude)

(Maria, Charlotte, Moritz and me)

(Charlotte & Trude)

(me, Charlotte, Trude)

(Didrik)

(Trude & Maria)

(Floriane, me, Maria, Moritz, Trude... and Franck)

... and the party actually continued until late. Though we started already early and despite some people leaving already in the early evening, quite a group of colleauges stayed even until midnight.
During the party there were people falling asleep, girls getting mad at each other, colleagues unconsciously getting some make up on and a moustache painted, and others just... drunk.

No, I'm joking... or maybe not???
Well, I guess it's better to keep the "revealing" pictures of the last hours away from this blog.

I left the party shortly after midnight, escaping right before someone could call me for cleaning up with the last ones. Well, that's normally not my kind of behaviour, but let's try it with the excuse that I had the intention to get the last tram home.

All in all it was a great evening! I really had fun and it's so nice to be with the colleagues in a non business related situation.
The only negative point about this party was: I spent nearly the whole Saturday sleeping or somehow in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment