This day is to become a great one. I just say "Nobel Peace Prize Concert" :-)
However, my day started rather less spectacular. Moritz and I decided to meet up in search of something red to dress during our office Christmas party next Friday. The theme will be "red", so everyone will have to wear something red. And those of you who know me won't be surprised if I say that I don't even have one little piece of red clothing in my whole wardrobe... and by writing this I think that what I just wrote is bullshit, because I actually DO have something red: my bright red dancing bodysuit :-) But well, nothing appropriate for a Christmas party...
So, the task now was to find something Christmas-reddish. That is easier said than done! Neither Moritz nor I had the motivation for compulsory shopping. So after a while of unsuccessful store-hopping we dropped our mission of finding something red.
Being both quite hungry led us to a much more pleasant activity: we both liked the idea of warming up the leftover lasagne from yesterday and so we went to Moritz' place again. Already shortly after this late lunch I left. I still had to get changed for...
... the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE CONCERT...
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2010 to Chinese Liu Xiaobo for his long and non-violent struggle for fundamental human rights in China.
I found some last minute tickets on the internet for the annual Nobel Peace Prize Concert, hold in honour of the Nobel Peace Prize laureate. So this year's concert is in tribute to Liu Xiaobo, who unfortunately couldn't come to Oslo to attend neither the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony (annualy hold in Oslo on the 10th of December) nor the concert, because of being imprisoned in China.
I got 3 + 2 tickets which I picked up in the afternoon. The 2 tickets were for my flatmate Mari and a friend of hers, the 3 tickets for Jana, Moritz and me. We three met up close to Oslo Spektrum, the venue of the concert. We were one of the first ones to enter the place and observed the venue filling up until the beginning of the concert.
Annual guests of the concert: the Royals!
The concert was hosted by Denzel Washington and Anne Hathaway.
The artists of this evening's programme were:
Sivert Høyem - lead singer of the Norwegian band Madrugada - who opened the concert with his well-known and expressive song "Prisoner of the Road"
Florence & The Machine
Colbie Caillat (on the rear stage)
Jamiroquai
Robyn, a Swedish singer and songwriter (no pictures)
Break - Half-time
A. R. Rahman, an Indian film composer, record producer, musician and singer. In 2008 the soundtrack to Slumdog Millionaire which was also performed during this evening.
The Yound Norwegian Strings, the junior orchestra of talented string players in Norway (no pictures)
Herbie Hancock and India.Arie
And finally: Barry Manilow, among others with his famous song "Mandy"
While Moritz, Jana and I in the back rows already got up on our feet rocking during most of the songs (earning the disapproving glances of the "stiff" people around us), it was only by the end of the show that the whole audience got up moving. The rather elderly audience was stirred up by... Barry Manilow, who for my taste, is a bit "old-fashioned". But apparently exactly matching taste and age of a large part of the audience :-)
"Man in the Mirror" from Michael Jackson was the final act sung by all artists concluding a fantastic show.
It was really a great evening! ...and interesting to participate in a live TV production and to see how the hosts read their text from a screen :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment