A new airport hotel opened: the Park Inn Hotel Oslo Airport - a reason for celebration.
So, the hotel invited to a big opening party on the 9th of December.
My colleagues Franck, Stéphanie, our trainee Floriane and I, we had subscibed to the party. So we took the sponsoring airport express train Flytoget right after work at 17:15 from the Oslo central station to the airport. From the airport terminal it's just a 3 minutes walk to the entrance of the new hotel where we were welcomed with glasses of prosecco.
Shortly after, we met the sales manager of the new hotel who showed us around some hotel rooms which were of good standard. Of course everything was just brand new.
Back down in the hotel lobby and restaurant, the party officially started at 18:00 with boring but obligatory expressions of thanks and some welcoming and inauguration words followed by the opening ceremony and some entertainment. Unfortunately I'm not too good in understaning comedy in Norwegian. Neither was Stéphanie, let alone Floriane. So, while everyone was laughing we three were desperately waiting for getting some translations by Franck... so that we could then laugh as well... with 1 minute delay...
However, at 19:30 - finally - the huge dinner buffet was opened. I don't know what about the others, but I was already starving. Knowing about the amount of food at hotel opening parties, I hadn't eaten that much for lunch.
The food was amazingly good. So much choice and of real good quality. Food of every kind. Only after having helped myself sufficiently at this "western" buffet I realised that in another corner of the restaurant there was also an Asian-oriented buffet. We couldn't resist and enjoyed some further culinary delicacies.
Totally filled and with some more wine in our hands - after all it was all for free! - we were impatiently following the raffle. Unfortunately none of us was lucky enough to win one of the prizes.
It was already at about 21:30 when a DJ was supposed to take over the musical part of the evening. That was the moment for us to leave the party and head back to town and back home. There was another working day still to follow before it was weekend.
For some how I wasn't really motivated to take pictures. So I mainly shot pictures from the hotel rooms we saw - which are not of great interest to be placed here on this blog - and some others which are, however, blurred or just totally useless and not nice. Therefore, this post rather consists of text... just enough for a little update from my side.




No comments:
Post a Comment