Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Guldsmeden Hotel Carlton

Today we went to a hotel inspection of a new hotel in Oslo. It's a small boutique hotel, top modern, located two blocks from where I live.
I remembered the old Carlton hotel that was in that building before. It had always looked totally run down or even closed. However, I didn't know that they actually reconstructed a new hotel in there.

Anyways, one of my colleagues was in contact with this new independent hotel, called Guldsmeden Hotel Carlton. Always interested in new, great places and good cooperations, we accepted their invitation for a lunch. So my colleagues Michelle, Jana and their trainee Lisanne and me, we left the office around noon to spent the lunch break at the hotel.

Guldsmeden is a small hotel chain with 6 hotels all around the world: 3 in Copenhagen, 1 in Nice, 1 in Bali and now 1 in Oslo.
The whole interior runs under a balinese theme combined with local design. They decently decorated all rooms and common areas with light and charming furniture and accessoires from Bali but keeping the local touch - in order for people not feeling in the wrong place (e.g. feeling being on Bali instead of being in Scandinavia).
Upon our arrival we were warmly welcomed by Sandra, the manager of the 6 hotels and we started with the visit of the hotel.
Afterwards we all gathered for a light and nice lunch - including wine... at 1 p.m. during working hours :-)




 The common area outside on the tarrasse is still to be fixed.


The hotel in Oslo isn't fully established yet, since it is totally new. It still needs more business. However, their flagship hotels in Copenhagen are supposedly running extremely well... and I can image as the hotel is really beautiful.

Sandra offered to let her know shall we one day come to Copenhagen. We'd be welcomed to experience their hotels' atmospheres in Copenhagen. And actually a private trip to Copenhagen is planned for the beginning of June. Audrey, Sarah and I thought about visiting Denmark's capital for a long weekend over Whitsun, so I might know the place to stay then :-) We'll see.

We, from Haman Group, will definitely try selling this and bringing them some business :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment