Sunday, 3 July 2011

BBQ at Bygdøy

BBQ-time! And it was really time!
This was the first occasion now this season to finally have a BBQ. I was so longing for it. I miss it so much from home where you basically BBQ yourself through a whole summer.
A bit sceptical regarding the weather forecast, we decided spontaneously this morning to meet at 1 p.m. at my place.
So Jana, Audrey and a colleague of hers from France who was in Oslo for a business trip came to me, we checked what we had food-, drink- and accessoires-wise and bought missing things like fresh bread at the nearby supermarket. Then we headed off to Huk beach at Bygdøy.
Since the weather wasn't very sunny - pretty warm though - the place wasn't totally crowded as usually a super beautiful days.
So we spread our picnic blankets in a calm bay and started nibbling some snacks. We waited until Germain and Tim joined us about 1,5 hours later before we set lit the typical Norwegian "engangsgrill" (= single-use-BBQ). Pretty practical!

We enjoyed a lot of good food, including real sausages (and not these shitty "pølse" the Norwegians are so proud of), namely good Thüringer Bratwürste brought by Jana from home. They were so yummy :-)






Some of us even went into the water and Germain even for a swim.

I think we had been on Bygdøy until after 6 p.m. The late afternoon turned out to be nicely warm and relatively sunny :-)
That's a good end of the weekend, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment