I had posted for my birthday end of September when I already had a little dinner party [click here for the post]. However, my two best friends Audrey and Jana weren't able to attend as they had some commitments for work out of Norway. Additionally it was also Carla's birthday just a couple of days after mine and so we had to catch up celebrating these occasions with the two girls, but also with Germain and a friend of Carla.
However, none of the directly following weekends was suitable as always someone was absent again. The only weekend we were all back together in Oslo was now the weekend of 22nd/23rd of October. Thus, we had agreed on getting together on Saturday at Carla's and her boyfriend Inema's place.
The plan was some dinner. I had brought some bresaola from Italy the week before which served with some rucola, mozzarella and grana as starter. Also Carla dished up some Italian delicacies from home.
No question that with Carla and me in the kitchen the main dish turned out to be Italian as well: pasta with some veggies-sauce. However, the best came at the end, the dessert: Jana's "Mississippi (birthday) Mudcake"...
...topped with some "Eierlikör" (advocaat).
However, since Inema had to work early on Sunday morning we eventually left to continue celebrating at "Dattera til Hagen" in Grønland.
I think it was only at around 3 a.m. that I was finally in bed.
Thank you girls, for your presents, the lovely food and the nice time!

No comments:
Post a Comment