Saturday, 29 October 2011

Stéphanie's 40th birthday

Yesterday, on Friday, after work, I went with Jana over to her place. It was time for a chilling evening with good food and home cinema. Jana just recently got herself a nice TV which needed to be inaugurated with a nice movie.
In line with upcoming halloween, we created a pumpkin lasagne which - to our surprise - tasted actually pretty well. Comfortably and relaxed we emptied nearly the whole oven dish while watching "Coco Chanel", in my opinion a brilliant film about the famous fashion designer.

Though I wasn't home too late, I slept in on Saturday. I actually wanted to go to the office for a couple of hours as I have so many things to do at the moment (despite high season being over). However, today, Saturday 29/10 it was also my colleague Stéphanie's birthday. She turned 40!!!... and had invited to her place for a party in the evening. I had offered and promised her to contribute with some french quiche (tarts) and so my Saturday went by doing groceries, some house cleaning and cooking. Since Stéphanie had invited quite a few people, I thought one single quiche might not be enough so I decided to make two: one classical quiche lorraine with bacon and another one with salmon and spinach.

At 5 p.m. in the afternoon we had agreed with some other colleagues to meet up in the office for some "warming up" with a glass of beer/wine. It was the occasion to sign the common birthday card and then to follow Franck. Stéphanie had just recently moved into her new flat and so far he was the only one knowing how to get there.

We, that is Franck, Jana, her trainee Christina, Michelle, me and another friend, took altogether the t-bane (local train) from the central station to Lambertseter, a 20 minutes ride to the south-eastern side of Oslo.
When we came, few guests had arrived yet. Stéphanie just finished preparing her famous and delicious mousse au chocolat :-)
However, soon Stéphanie's apartment started filling up. The party was nice and next to many colleagues we met quite some new faces there as well, allowing for good conversations.

 (my boss Franck, right, with a friend of his)




A lot to laugh: Franck - being not only Stéphanie's colleague/boss, but also very good friend - holding a speech about Stéphanie :-) 


  ... and also Stéphanie is quite amused by his words.






 





The majority of guests had already left when Jana and I decided at approximately 2 a.m. to leave the party. Together with another person we shared a taxi back to downtown Oslo. I had parked my bike in the office so I grabbed it and cycled back home. After a good party I finally fell to bed at around 3 a.m. Luckily that night the time changed back from summer time to normal winter time which gave me one additional hour of sleep. Fantastic!!!


BON ANNIVERSAIRE, STÉPH!



Actually, Stéphanie had some friends from France over for this birthday weekend. Together with them they visited the Frogner Park with the great sculptures of Gustav Vigeland. I accidentially copied those pictures as well to my USB. Since they are pretty nice pictures, in my opinion, showing Vigelandsparken in autumn, I dared posting them here in my blog. I hope that's ok Stéph?














No comments:

Post a Comment