Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Best Western Førjulstreff at Karl Johan




Also this year the hotel chain Best Western invited for their annual "Førjulstreff", a pre-Christmas get-together to thank for a good cooperation in the ending year. We had received the invitation in our office and Jana, Stéphanie and I registered for going.
So on Tuesday, on November 29th, we left the office a little after five and thus arrived with a little delay at the Best Western Hotel Karl Johan where the event was taking place.

Upon arrival we got our badges and could give our business card into a bowl. They would later be used for a raffle. Done that we proceeded to the bar to get some drinks. Free wine is in Norway always very highly appreciated and so we enjoyed every glass we had :-)
A little bit later we also proceeded to the dinner buffet. It was surely not the qualitatively best food to be served, but definitely good enough to be filled at last. So this way there was no need for further cooking when getting home; the dinner had been taken care of :-)
Right before we were heading for the dessert, some Best Western staff started the raffle. There were actually many (useful and less useful) prizes to be won. Having a look at the pretty high amount of prizes to give away and the number of participants having given their business card, it was clear that nearly everyone would end up winning at least something. Nearly! So maybe that was my chance to at least win once something in my life. So far I had never been lucky.
So all the boring/small stuff went away and in the end I wasn't too sad for not winning them. I wouldn't have known what to do with some of the things. My colleagues Stéphanie and Jana both seemed to have made a relatively good catch: a set of cups (which later on, though, turned out to be pretty ugly) and a printer. Jana hasn't tested yet, whether it's a good one or not. But still...
Towards the end there were four last prizes to give away: three Best Western umbrellas (would people really go out with them???) and a weekend (2 nights) for 2 people in any of Norway's Best Western hotels. Similar prizes had also been a breakfast or dinner or overnight in a predefined Best Western hotel, but this was basically the main prize.
And well, yes, I was lucky :-) It was me who won the weekend of my choice somewhere in Norway!!!

Now I have to see where and when (with whom? Amore mio?) to make use of it :-) I'll see. I have some time until it expires.

After the raffle we still remained chatting with some people we knew, but at around 8 p.m. we made ourselves on the way back home, Stéphanie with her cup set, Jana with her new printer and me with my gift-card :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment