OH MY GOD - my A-levels are now 10 years ago!!! 10 years have already passed since I have left school. Sorry, but allow me to feel old!
Well, at least it's an occasion to celebrate. We had organised a party for this 10-years-anniversary for which I had booked a flight back to Germany, just for that weekend.
Friday 29th of June I flew home. Unfortunately, due to some extreme weather conditions, my flight had a 2 hours delay. I was at home and in bed at 1:30 only. Had to get up early though as I used my very short and limited time that weekend at home to get some thing, starting with an appointment at the hairdresser. Later on I went on a shopping tour for jeans as all my jeans were totally worn out.
I just had a short break to take a shower and get prepared for the party.
One of our former school mates is the manager of a pub in the neighbour village Rheinbach. No fancy place at all, but good enough location to fit in all the people and to get drinks at some discounted price :-)
During the whole time everyone was so busy talking to each other, updating everyone about the current life, what everyone has been doing the past decade and of course wallowing in memories about "good old school times" that hardly anyone thought about taking pictures.
I only remembered my camera later on, when everyone was dancing. In movement and relatively few light the few pictures taken are not sharp at all, i.e. totally useless.
Apparently some others have a handfull of pictures - which however are better not to be published. They must have been taken towards the end of the party, I assume ;-)
After all the chatting we all went over to dancing - to the music of that time. Music we had been listening and dancing to in school times, in the 90s! Oh, that sounds again so old...
But nearly everyone was on the stage, dancing and singing all night long on that music and having fun.
Of course not everyone remained until the very end. However, of the approximately 70 people that had shown up that evening, about 20 were still partying at 5 a.m. And still at 6 a.m. were were still some 10-12 people.
It was the last 6 of us (including myself) that left the pub at 7:30 in the morning. Outside it was of course full daylight already.
Not even that drunk I fell to bed at 8 a.m.
Unfortunately I couldn't sleep too long (3 hours) as I still had my flight back to Oslo the same day.
It was really a great party and it was fantastic to see so many of the former school mates again after such a long time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment