The weather was mainly nice during the Easter holidays, so we had some relaxed walks around town.
Following a tradition in our family I baked the "gold and silver" Easter cake. It's an old family recipe for a cake that already my grand(grand)mother made for Easter. It's called "gold and silver" cake, because the cake is divided into two parts, the lower, heavier "golden" part golden part is only baked with egg yolk and the upper, lighter "silver" part is baked with only the egg white. In between those two parts comes a layer of jam. There are no rules for the outer decoration, this varies each time and leaves space for the baker's phantasy.
Since I was a kid I know my mum having baked it usually for Easter. But this year, my mum wasn't around - so it was up to me to keep up the tradition on my own. It was actually the first time I baked it myself - and I'd say it was a total success :-)
HAPPY EASTER!!!
We had Mari and some friends of Marco (Daniel, his girlfriend Anne-Lene and Diego) coming over. Unfortunately my colleague Stéphanie was ill and couldn't make it in the end and others had left town over the Easter days.
Nevertheless, we had a great and vast brunch, with eggs, bacon, bread rolls, some oven baked stuff etc.
The weather was just gorgeous outside so in the early afternoon we had a spontaneous digestive walk along the Akerselva river which passes right around the corner of our apartment.
After that Mari had to leave as she already had plans later on. Together with the others we decided to meet up again in a couple of ours, again at our place; Marco had offered to make some pizza. And so we spent also the evening together.
What a very nice Easter day we had :-)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment