Sunday, 27 September 2015

33rd birthday

Happy happy birthday :-)
The day started already with wonderful, sunny autumn weather! After some preparations for the afternoon, we met at our place at 2 pm. Together with some friends we walked to a mini-golf site down here in the quarter of Grünerløkka where we live. Haven't played mini-golf for ages, but I pass this place quite often by tram and every time I pass it I think "we should really try this out one day". And that one day became my birthday which I thought was a good occasion.

 Ginta - doesn't really seem convinced of her shot
 Sona - hmmm, will the ball go straight and in the hole?
 Emil (Sona's nephew - she had to babysit him that afternoon) - he had fun as well!
 Hadrien - standing like a professional
 Amore mio - power shot
 

 The surrounding: the mini-golf site is right next to the green Akerselva riverside.
 Ricardo - full concentration
 Sona and Emil speaking Italian


 Ines - ok, let's give this one a try




 Me - also not too convinced of the direction of the ball

Unfortunately we weren't able to finish playing all 18 holes as we had to leave at one point in order to be back home by 4:30 p.m. For the afternoon I had some more people coming over (friends and colleagues) for a "waffle party". It was a long time ago I had and baked waffles. I thought a Sunday afternoon is the right occasion to take the waffle maker out again - and so why not for my birthday?!
For a couple of hours our apartment was full and we had a good time chatting, drinking and having waffles - the latter being quite a new experience for some of the guests :-)





After the waffle party we were still 4 couples of friends remaining and having a great evening together, playing kniffel aka yatzy (yes, currently very popular among us!), having yummy home made lasagne by my personal Italian chef, enjoying wine & limoncello and having fun. For dessert: some home made, super delicious pasteis (traditional Portuguese cream filled pastry) that I got as present from our Portuguese friends (well done, Hugo!).
I know, mini-golf, waffles and kniffel - sounds like a children's birthday. But we really did have fun I would say. At least I had a really really nice birthday :-) I thank you all - amore mio, Sona & Hugo with Emil, Ginta & Hadrien, Ines & Ricardo, Mari, Wiebke & Øystein, Aurélie & Thor with little Lilly, Stéf - for coming, for your nice presents and for having made this day a special one for me! That was a great way to become 33 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment