Saturday, 31 December 2016

Miscellaneous moments in 2016

This end-of-the-year post just with a collection of single pictures for which I didn't create an own post, but that still show some (for me memorable) moments of the year that turned to an end.

JANUARY:
10/01: Finally, the snow came :-)
15/01: Sweet Friday "fika" in the office, the colourfully decorated one-legged "pepperkaker" figures were still the "leftovers" from the Christmas party before the Christmas and end of year holidays.

24/01: That smiley wasn't on purpose. It's just the random shape the oil formed when I pourred a few drops in the pan. Nice way to start your cooking :-)

FEBRUARY:
06/02: During our annual kick-off I got nominated "Employee of the year" :-) :-) :-)
 
17/02: Frozen harbour at Aker Brygge
 
29/02: VIP visit in the office from Mikkel Gaup, a famous Norwegian-Sami actor, best known for his success as main character in the Oscar nominated 1987 film "Pathfinder" and his role in the 2008 film "The Kautokeino Rebellion". For private reasons he had recently withdrawn from (or reduced his activity in) the film business and is now very engaged in the Sami capital Kautokeino as a tourism promoter of Norwegian Lapland. His new position made it worth visiting us as an incoming tour operator for Norway/Scandinavia.

MARCH:
19/03: Out with friends (Ines & Ricardo) walking around the new area of Sørenga.







MAY:
07/05: I had just finished planting my flowers on the balcony, preparing it for the summer season ahead.


08/05: Apple tart - baking for Franck's (our boss') birthday... served of course lukewarm and with vanilla custard!
20/05: I'm not the only one in the office that likes baking: Friday's fika prepared by one of my colleagues. Yumyum!

JUNE/JULY:
03/06: "Buon giorno, amore mio!" with Marco's favourite biscuits ("galletti")
05/06: Great weekend spent out with friends! Enjoying sun, sea and (yes, grass!) beach with friends on Hovedøya island! BBQ included, of course.

12/06: Preparing for the European Soccer Championship!
26/06: Watching Germany against Slovakia with my dear Slovak friend Sona :-)
02/07: Germany vs. Italy!!! Unfortunately, Marco and I couldn't watch THE match together as I was with my company on our summer kick-off in the Hardangerfjord area [click here for the post]
07/07: Very brave: me (as only German) among my all French colleagues watching Germany against France at the public viewing at "Kontraskjæret", in the park by the Akershus Fortresss.



 
23/07: BBQ in a park with friends - usually a great idea, only that we didn't check the weather forecast this time and ended up under the rain...



AUGUST:
19/08: With my colleagues Stéphanie and Franck at the annual garden party of the huge Scandinavian hotel chain "Choice" at their headquarter in Oslo-Frogner.

SEPTEMBER:
10/09: "Orata alla Mariella" - gilthead bream as Marco's mother uses to prepare it

27/09: My birthday, turning... 18 ;-) Surprise visit (organised by amore mio) by our friends Ginta and Hadrien who came with chocolate cake, balloons and flowers to help me get a little bit older... or making me feel young (18). Thanks for coming! What a nice surprise!



OCTOBER:
11/10: Two weeks after my birthday, it's Marco's turn to add a year. Cake is mandatory, of course! Happy birthday, tesoro!
 
15/10: Another occasion to bake (apple tart again)


NOVEMBER:
02/11: On my way from Oslo to Milano for work in transit at Munich airport - I just NEED that stuff when on German ground: Bretzel & Apfelschorle!
04/11: After work get together with friends in Milano. So great to see you guys again! Thanks for this lovely evening with you! What a pity, though, that the restaurant wasn't anymore what it used to be.
05/11: OMG, what a surprise! Super tired after two exhausting days in Milano and a long time waiting for boarding to begin at Milano airport, I didn't want anything else than just get to my seat and close my eyes. But the moment I stepped on that plane, I looked in the face of a smiling flight attendant greeting and welcoming passengers on board and I realized: THIS IS MY COUSIN ANNETTE :-) We just couldn't believe it! What a coincidence! She works for Lufthansa and happend to be exactly on that flight that day that I flew from Milano Malpensa back to Frankfurt (and then further on to Oslo). She gave me a little "upgrade", served me business class food and handed me upon arrival in Frankfurt airport a bag full of goodies and magazines. Such a surprise! And so great to see my cousin again :-)
The same day, in the evening, right upon arrival in Oslo, I just dropped my luggage, took a shower, and headed off to the birthday party of our friend Hadrien. His girlfriend Ginta had organized a fantastic cake for that occasion! 
11/11: From my trip to Milano I had brought along a jar of pistachio pesto. The following days I was even as lucky to find swordfish in a supermarket which Marco deliciously prepared with fresh trofie. Mmmmm. I just love this dish! Unfortunately, you could taste that it was not the same quality as with swordfish just caught at sea and still freshly served as you would get it in Sicily for example.

DECEMBER:
09/12: It's Christmas time = for a German time to bake Christmas cookies. I invited Adriana (the daughter of a friend of my mum in Germany who is currently doing in internship in our company) over to follow some German traditions. It's incredible how quick you are when baking in two. We even managed to prepare four different kinds of biscuits that evening!



24/12: MERRY CHRISTMAS, every one!  
31/12: For the first time I spent New Year's eve in Oslo. 2016's end of the year holidays fell on rather disadvantageous days of the week and I needed to be back in the office on Monday January 2nd. Therefore I had opted for a flight back to Oslo already on December 31st. I had organized celebrating New Year's eve together with my friends Sona and Hugo who would also be back in Oslo for the last day of the year. Sona had actually brought along her best friend from her home country and together we had a calm, but very nice evening with delicious food and a great time celebrating into the new year :-)
HAPPY 2017!!!


Let's see what the new year will bring along! Hoping for 2017 to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment