Friday, 7 January 2011

Raclette

And it continues French: after the galette des rois (kings' cake) in the office yesterday, today it's French raclette on the menu.
Mari's friends, Christer and Bernard, always invite over for dinner. So for tonight Mari had decided to invite them and another friend in turn to our place and she remembered having her own raclette set. She asked me if I would wanna join. How could I say no to raclette? I guess last time I got the benefit of raclette was ages ago during some skiing holidays with my father in an apartment in the mountains of the French Alps.

I only managed to take some picture by the end of the dinner, but we had potatos, meat, vegetables and of course the proper raclette cheese. And I tell you: this is filling... but good!


Bernard took care of bringing the dessert and - being French - brought a galette des rois! :-)
 

Everyone cut a piece for someone else...


...and the piece that Christer cut for me...

... had the little trinket in :-) So I earned the crown.



After dinner we moved over to Mari's room to play "Trivial Pursuit", playing girls against guys. No comment on who won...
I usually really like board games, but with this one I had a challenge. We played an English version of it which was from the olden days, I don't know how many years old.
Apart from having someitmes problems of getting the question from a linguistic point of view it contained so many questions of things that were older than me. Things that happened or about people being famous before the 1980s...


Anyways, an evening like that is always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment