Thursday, 13 January 2011

Wallmans Salonger dinner show

That was cool!

At the moment Lillestrøm (close to Oslo) hosts the Reiseliv, Norway's international travel fair. For the exhibitors and for professional visitors from the tourism industry, the organizers of the fair arranged an evening at the dinner theatre Wallmans Salonger in Oslo.
Wallmans Salonger is an establishment in the showbusiness, offering dinner shows with different themes. A dinner show follows the successful concept of waiters and waitresses also providing the on-stage entertainment with singing and dancing.

As participant in the tourism fair it was possible to get tickets for Wallmans Salonger's 10th anniversary show on Thursday December 13 including a 4-courses dinner.


This afternoon, my colleauges Franck and Stéphanie went to the Reiseliv and told me that if I was interested there were still tickets for the dinner show tonight at Wallmans. I tried to see if some of my friends would be interested in joining, but that spontaneously noone had time to come. So I joined my colleagues alone.
Right after work I went straight home and got changed and prepared for the evening show. I took the trikk (=tram) towards Grünerløkka and met Stéphanie, Franck and three of their friends at Wallmans Salonger.
Just shortly after I had taken my welcome prosecco we were already let into the restaurant with the stage and found a pretty good table for six quite close to the scene.

And now: curtain up!


1. course: fingerfood mix of gazpacho, cheese, sausages, filled pastries and bread









2. course:
sashimi of salmon (from the good SALMA brand) on glass noodles with cilantro and chili










3. course:
sirloin with roasted amandine potatos, bacon, pickled onions, carrots and a pepper sauce













4. course:
vanilla pannacotta topped with rhubarb and strawberry compote











Typical: Franck and Stéphanie

The frozen waterfall outside Wallmans Salonger


Also included in the ticket of the show was the entry on the Hurtigruten boat in the Oslo harbour. In relation to the travel fair, one of the shipping companies boats exceptionally came down to Oslo. Usually Hurtigruten covers the entire Norwegian west and north coast between Bergen and Kirkenes.
However, with the ticket it was possible to go onboard the boat. Since the dinner show was only over at around midnight, it was for me simply too late to still go for another drink on the ship. While my colleagues and their friends still went, I made myself from the harbour at Aker Brygge on the way home which was basically around the corner. While passing the harbour and the City Hall I stopped for taking a couple of pictres.






I had a fantastic evening! I knew about the dinner shows at Wallmans Salonger. They exist all over Scandinavia in the capitals and in some other cities. Since I'm a big fan of nearly everything that has to do with dancing and singing (concerts), e.g. musicals, theatre, opera... I always wanted to go to one of these shows, but in somehow I always forget about it. And now I had the occasion to see at even a very good price. And of course it's funny that the artists performing on stage in between also serve you the food and drinks.
I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment