Sunday, 8 May 2011

Veterans Day

It was open day at Akershus Fortress on Veterans Day 8th of May with various activities including guided tours, concerts, parades and stands. We didn't really know about this event, but we happened to figure out that it was possible to visit a military boat at Akershus quay.




That's why Audrey, Jana, Eric and I actually went to Akershus and could still see the end of the things going on that day, e.g. exploring a tank, inspecting suits of armour and having a closer look at weapons. The latter was actually pretty interesting as I have never in my life seen a weapon before. I know these things only from television, at the most.
Audrey was, I'd say, the most impressed and couldn't without taking pictures with them. I thought it was pretty impressive as well, but I considered it a little inappropriate to pose and take pictures of me equipped with weapons. But Audrey definitely cut a fine figure :-)









 

After the departure of the military helicopters, also we left Akershus. The weather was still so nice that we decided to walk a little around town, maybe grapping somehting to eat or drop in somewhere for a drink. It eventually drew us towards Grünerløkka and a place that Jana knew "Café Cacao". Lovely place, lovely sweets :-)
We had some cakes and ice chocolates and coffe to go and sat down in the nearby park doing something for our hips :-)


Lovely - the day, the weather... the sweets :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment