Friday, 24 June 2011

Cooking at Audrey's

Actually Mari had planned to spontaneously pay her friend in Copenhagen a surprise visit for her 60th birthday. However, Mari turned out to be ill during the week and thus couldn't leave anymore for Copenhagen.
In the initial believe of having the run of the digs on Friday evening, I wanted to organise a small dinner at my place getting finally rid of the bresaola that I brought last time from Italy. Furthermore I needed an occasion to use all that wine that Sarah brought me to Copenhagen :-)
Sounds pretty selfish like I'd be kind of "abusing" my friends just to help me empty my fridge. Not at all! It was just time again for a nice get together among girls :-)
So, Mari, don't feel offended ;-) I know I could have still had the dinner at home with you joining us, but no worries... Even though there is no bresaola left to share, but a sip of wine and some sweets you'll always find near me :-)
Well, so we eventually had the dinner at Audrey's place.

As starter I had prepared again the bresaola with fresh mozzarella, rucola and flakes of parmigiano all topped with oilive oil, salt and pepper. Besides that some homemade bread à la Jana :-)

To continue the Italian way, I was asked to prepare some Spaghetti Carbonara.

To keep the dessert "light", we just threw some apple cubes covered with dough in the oven.

I'm not too convinced that the dinner was soo light in the end - but good :-)
Nothing special for the rest of the evening, i.e. no going out or so. Just us three girls talking :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment