This last weekend I have been home again - finally! It has been a long time ago that I had been home and so it was time to leave Oslo again... at least for a couple of days, just over the weekend. And so, just on time for Engelbert's 61st birthday, I had booked a flight.
So early in the morning of Thursday 8th of September, I made my way to Oslo airport. However, my the flight brought me to Brussels. I knew my father, who works and thus lives in Brussels during the week, would already leave back to Germany on that Thursday and since the flight to Brussels was cheaper than to Cologne or Dusseldorf, I chose to land in Belgium.
My father picked me up at the airport and drove me to his flat. After a quick lunch together he went back to the office until early afternoon. At 4 p.m. he was back and we drove together the 2 hours home to Germany. However, he didn't drop me off at home, but in Bonn as my mum and her husband went out for dinner at "Bon(n) Goût", a nice bistro in the city centre; it was Engelbert's birthday.
The Friday and Saturday were pretty dominated by looking for a new compact camera. Mine doesn't work anymore and everyone who knows me understands that I need a replacement as quick as possible! So I ran from one shop to the other to inspect various models, get informed etc. But I still haven't found what I'm looking for. What can be found on the market doesn't convince me. Not technically, but especially design-wise or menu-wise. Anyways...
On Friday I just stayed home with my mum and Engelbert. And Saturday, after getting back from a little pre-birthday-shopping with my mum, we enjoyed also having my brother at home. Together with him, his girlfriend Anna and two friends of them we went together in the evening to "Pützchen's Markt", a huge annual fair with a lot of caroussels, drink and food booths and other attractions. I haven't been there for ages now, I think the last time I went was over 10 years ago. So it was nice to go there again, have some Kölsch (typical beer from Cologne area), eat Bratwurst...
...or Kartoffelpuffer, nibble some caramelised almonds and go on some of these caroussels that turn you with full speed upside down and in all directions :-)
Source: http://freundeskreis-puetzchensmarkt.de
Source: http://www.schmetterlingsbahn.de/index.php?id=265
(c) Horst Müller / Source: http://www.puetzchens-markt.de/index.php?k=bild&itemid=1500&bilderKatid=83&bildDatum=15.09.10-14:28:22
(c) City of Bonn / Source: http://www.weltexpress.info/cms/index.php?id=6&tx_ttnews[pointer]=4&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=27246&tx_ttnews[backPid]=501&cHash=ec8a6e61cf0d5306fd3a1bd8d40d8041
Source: http://www.koenigswinter-direkt.de/2011/09/04/644-putzchens-markt-nostalgie-und-action-pur
Despite having been in bed pretty late, we had to get up quite early on Sunday morning. Engelbert wanted to celebrate his birthday with a hike with family and friends through the vineyards at the Ahr. His daughters were coming as well with their boyfriend.
With 10 in total we started from a parking place in Rech and went all the way through the vineyards and forest in the Ahr-valley, passing the Saffenburg and a little lodge in Schrock to the Steinerberghaus restaurant in Kissling.
The walk took us about 3 hours to the restaurant. Unfortunately it had started raining on the last part and actually that strong that we didn't continue the hike back to the parking, but instead got picked up and then drove back home.
Nevertheless it was a pleasant hike and it was nice that Engelbert's kids were with us as well. Unfortunately we had kind of lost the contact a bit over the past 10 years and so it is great to see each other, chat and have some fun :-)
Before putting on the pictures now below I just want you to note that the pictures are not really of good quality. As mentioned, my camera is broken and the one I temporarily borrowed wasn't doing a good job :-( I really hope I can make up my mind for a suitable substitute.
Start in Rech.
The Saffenburg.
A beautiful, passing dog who smelled the goodies in Engelbert's bag :-)
A snack break at a lodge in Schrock.
Arrival at Steinerberghaus restaurant in Kissling.
Engelbert, I hope you enjoyed your birthday... despite the rain! I definitely did! Always great to be back in the beautiful nature around home :-)












No comments:
Post a Comment