Saturday, 10 March 2012

Grandma's 90th birthday

Not even 10 hours after my return from my ski trip with Audrey to Trysil, I was on the road again - or actually on the plane. Right the next morning I took a flight to Germany. I was going home for nearly a week. The occasion was my grandmother's 90th birthday on March 10th :-)

The week flew by so extremely quick. I went nearly every day to do sports I used to do when living at home. Monday and Thursday I went to the jazz-dance, Tuesday to play volleyball. After the volleyball training I had invited some of the players to my place for a little "Stammtisch"/dinner.
During the days I got some things done I needed to take care of and went shopping at Aldi and dm-markt to fill up my suitcase with the usual supplies of wine, food and toiletries - which just cost me double the prices here in Norway.
Somewhere in between I met with friends and family I haven't seen for a while and at the end of the week it was already my grandmother's birthday.
As she is no longer the fittest person we didn't do anything extraordinary or complicated. It was her wish to simply go out for dinner and so we went to some restaurant called "Die Glocke" (= "The Bell") in Hennef.
It was the family of my father's side that gathered, so not a very big round - in comparison to the size of my mum's family.






 







 





(f.l.t.r.: my uncle, my father, me, my father's wife, my aunt, my grandmother, behind her my cousin, my brother's girlfriend, my uncle, a friend, my brother, my mum and my mum's husband)

Ooooops!

It was nice to celebrate together with my whole family - especially as I hadn't been home for Christimas this last year to see them all.
I hope my grandmother enjoyed it as well!

Since my grandmother is 90 you can imagine that she doesn't read my blog, but still HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OMA!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment