On Thursday 17th of November Marco and I flew from Oslo to Germany. I spent the first night at home, i.e. at my mum's place. Here Marco used the time to make use of his new camera and shot some pictures of our interior at home and tried out again with a few portraits.
So this is how it looks at home :-)
A snapshot of my mum :-)
Portrait time.
The next day, on Friday we drove to my father's place for the big birthday party planned for the weekend. Marco was asked if he'd be the photographer that night :-)
Just "a bit" of cheese - Norwegian "brunost" included :-)
Not to be missed: "Kölsch" - beer from Cologne/my home area, always served in 0,2l long and thin glasses.
My dad...
...and his wife Andrea.
The first guests: my godmother Martina and her husband Jürgen.
My dad - and me :-)
My uncle Gerd and a friend of my dad.
My brother Max and my uncle Jürgen.
My brother's girlfriend Anna.
Party time.
Brother and sister :-)
At midnight: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
(the above six pictures I cut out of a video, hence the bad quality)
Papa, I hope you had a fantastic birthday party!
I think the party was over at around 4 a.m. when the last overnight guests went to bed. Max, Marco and I stayed as well overnight as the next morning we gathered together with other guests for a late breakfast at a nearby hotel/restaurant.
Afterwards we drove back to my mum's place where we went together for one more night. Then Marco flew back to Oslo while I stayed still one more week. In those days I met some friends, went to the hairdresser (mandatory appointment once you fly home if one wants to avoid the high costs of a Norwegian one), went with my mum on a shopping tour to Roermond in Holland (not only to the outlet, but also into the city centre to suck in some Holland flair that we love so much and to buy some Dutch goodies at the supermarket) and we had my uncle Jan and aunt Herad over for a visit (such a pleasure to see them again).
And last but not least: I visited my dear friend Sarah who lives in Neuss (close by Dusseldorf). She had moved into a new flat which I hadn't seen before. I stayed overnight to have enough time to talk, catch up, go out for dinner together (enjoying at that occasion a refreshing "Radler" = beer with sprite), have a stroll over and Glühwein at some Christmas markets in Neuss and during a quick tour to Dusseldorf.
And as usual: time always passes so quickly. That week was over and there was still so many things I would have liked to do while at home, so many people to meet etc.
But well, Tuesday 29th it was time for me to fly back to Oslo.
But well, Tuesday 29th it was time for me to fly back to Oslo.
(Thank you for your pictures, Marco, which I used mainly on this post.)






























No comments:
Post a Comment